Friday, June 17, 2005

A Hello To Legs

Let's begin by talking about movies. I began watching Spiderman 2 a couple of nights ago and like it a lot. The nazi from Oz IS J, Jonah Jameson. As well, I liked the Bruce Campell cameo. That guy deserves the world...and more. I can''t wait to regain enough of an attention span to watch the rest of the film.

Then yesterday I finally watched Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle, and enjoyed much of it, including its Canadian filmedness. I like it when he slaps the joint.

At 3 am last night I took it upon myself to begin watching Before Sunset...and again, I really enjoyed what I saw of it, I am a sucker for the original movie, and except for Ethan Hawke looking strung out, this seems like more of the same.

Beyond movie-watching, I've been trying to write a couple of video shorts, as well as preparing for a few shows this coming week and weekend. Shall I tell ye about them?

THURSDAY JUNE 23 I will be doing two things. Firstly I will be reading half of my unfinished comedy script Fido For President at Super Pen Pals, a night of readings organised by Kathleen Phillips, a very talented and hilarious lady. She'll also be reading, along with Brian Barlow, Mike Balazo and others. The show is at the Oasis at spadina and college and it's pay what you can.

Following this, I'll be walking over to Sneaky Dee's in order to MC the Spitfires and Mayflowers CD release party, which will feautre DJs Davida n Jay. There should be bands playing as well. It starts round 9 and will have a party vibe.

Then on saturday June 25th Brutal Knights will be playing a fun anniversary gig show celebrating birthdays and the like at Adrift skate shop on Augusta. It'll be cheap and RAMMER and LEGEON 666 will be joining us. I'm sure there will also be some fun surprises as well. It should be quite the partaaaay.

That same night, slightly earlier, I'll be above the Bagel on college street across from the Oasis doing comedy at the Lobster Rock Tokyo/Sailboats are White show. The jokes are free but the crack costs money.

And don't forget Joke Club on tues. July 5th! A great lineup awaits. Levi Macdougall, Makesi Arthur, James Marshall, Kathleen Phillips and others are all planning on entertaining you. All I need to do is figure out a musical guest. I'm also thinking of having a DJ...it should be fun.

Plus I'm looking for shows in NYC July 21st, 22nd or 24th...lemme know if you have a lead or two.
I should also stress I really need work...preferably writing-based.

RIP Julie Self. I'm glad we were at least myspace pals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

my friend, natalie and i raved about your performance at the spitfires, etc. cd release partay-tay.
you, my friend, are a genius. we need more one-liners out there, and you delivered.
thanks for the lovely comedy.

Flans said...

Thanks! Yalls were part of why that night wound up enjoyable for me.

claire said...

oh, stop it. i was relieved you appreciated demetri martin - no one i know loves him like they should. i hope to get out to one of your shows before summer's done.