Tuesday, October 05, 2004

They Used To Call Me Fatso, Now They Call Me Castro


I have a meeting in a few minutes. It concerns this DVD I've got to make. Last night I was tossing and turning, wondering and worrying, hoping the damn things turns out awesome. I think I've recovered from the mindfuck I felt over the weekend, but not totally. I got my pathetic paycheque yesterday, put it in my bank account, and somehow had been docked like $35 by my bank. What the fuck? Lately I've been making myself feel down by believing in Worthington's Law--your value as a person is equal to how much money you have. So right now as a person, I'm worth about as much as day-old donuts. On the bright side, I'm not moldy.

Again, Montreal was alright. Did a couple of comedy sets before controller.controller and Jake Fairley, and I guess the crowd slightly turned on me. All the bands seemed to enjoy me being around, even if I did accidentally wind up with a wristband that belonged to Magneta Lane. I ran into Nardwuar a couple of times on the trip--that was cool, and his collection of interviews he showed reminded me that you can be treated like an asshole for a long time, but eventually all that matters is what you have produced. I don't know why, but Montreal left me feeling humourless. I need joke botox.

Shows: Thursday at Planet Kensington with Jon Rae and The River. free

Friday: L'AFTERPARTY at Rancho Relaxo,PWYC, with DJ Dave(Shit La Merde), Animal Monster, The Midways, Me, Gilson Lubin, Jared Sales etc etc etc...I sent out a big email about this and forgot to write the venue down. Gah! I haven't advertised this L'Afterparty very well at all...hopefully people go.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry nick, according to worthington's law, you're still better than van gogh.

that guy made nothing!

-mark

Anonymous said...

ear's to you

Anonymous said...

Hey Sissy glasses man.... I miss breaking house with you... good to see you are still a funny man.
Marky
funsongs_@hotmail.com