Thursday, September 09, 2004

Lamin' It Up, a way of life for me

At some point this year I just cooped myself up in my house and tried not to leave; a fruitless goal, considering I always have to leave my fucking house--I mean, it's not like I have a machine that produces sausage mcmuffins(no egg) up in this piece, so I have to leave at least sometimes. Not to mention these comedy shows, shows to review, and band practices etc. that also force me to leave house. But anytime there's a show or event or fun thing--fun time or not-- unless I can get the gumption up, I do not go. I bring this up because there was a show last night I was on the guest list for that I wanted to go to, but didn't, even though it's a group(M.O.P) that I've always loved. Whither laziness?

I don't even really have a reason to be on a computer right now. I'm listening to an album for the purposes of review, but think about it, I could be pumping it from a ghetto blaster away from this bullshit internet device. But instead I'm here, internet chatting with one of my friends who doesn't live in the same city as me, listening to this album and "blogging".

Hey! I have a show tonight! $5! "Gentlemanfest"--a Ladyfest Fundraiser. I'm MCing, and performing are Femme Generation, Sour Keys, The Pauls and The Sass, with DJ Captain Easychord. It's at the Gladstone Hotel at 9 PM, and it's allllllllllllllllllll aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Recollections pending.