Saturday, May 15, 2004

I am allergic to jobs. OK, that's not true. The truth is that most jobs are allergic to me, and to my particular ways and foibles.
I worked as an assistant to a famed booker in my hometown of T-Dot, and I did that OK, but the pay was sporadic at best.
Then I got this writing job, and I feel like I'm pretty decent at the writing part, but semi-shoddy at the 'getting facts straight and doing the artist you're writing about/reviewing justice' department.
In between those two jobs, I had a three day stretch as a telemarketer that failed.
And now, onto my newest flop.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine got me a job at a bar she worked at. I worked four shifts, and was ready to work my fifth today(truthfully, shitting my pants hoping it would rain so I wasn't needed, because I prefer not to leave the house if I don't have to),
when I received a phone call from my boss informing me that he was 'letting me go', because it 'just wasn't working out', even though I'm a 'nice guy'.
This event is a good reminder that it is bad to count your chickens before they're hatched, and more than that, I think it proves that one should never try to do anything ever.

I have some shows coming up comedically. Also, the band I'm in has, I believe, chosen a name. We have taken the nom de plume Brutal Knights. Huzzah!
Here's when I'm comedying:

Old York Tavern-930 PM-Sunday May 23rd. Located just south of King on Tecumseth Street.

The Loft-Monday, May 31-Opening for The Catheters and The Sour Keys. I'm excited about this one. Hopefully the crowd doesn't boo my shit right the hell off the stage.

Also, I guess I'm looking for part-time work again. So, send me your resume tips! And there's a job opening at Blue Meaney's. Get on top of it, slackers!

No comments: